|Job Title: ||The North Face: Sports Marketing Manager (Snowsports)
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor, Snow
|Job Categories: ||Marketing
| Contact Information
Company Phone: 510-814-7600
The Position: The North Face: Sports Marketing Manager (Snowsports)
The primary responsibilities of the Sports Marketing Manager are to manage the assigned athletes, events, expeditions and partner relationships within the Snowsports ports categories in a manner that is aligned with the corporate initiatives and relevant category drivers.
- Manages all aspects of The North Face Snowsports Athlete Team Program based on the Sports Marketing strategy and how it supports corporate business objectives.
- Works closely throughout the year with each athlete to ensure career development and performance is maximized and their talents and skills are showcased throughout the TNF communication platform.
- Negotiates all athlete contracts, language and sets the structure of the compensation relative to budgets, performance and industry standards.
- Recruits new talent based upon set criteria for Global, National Team and Rookie Team. Manages roster additions or transitions that complement the overall team mix and team size requirements.
- Conducts annual athlete reviews that document the overall contributions of each athlete to the brand using various impression measurement tools and other established performance indicators.
- Works cross-functionally with the Content and PR team to manage the Influencer Program relating to the Snowsports category.
- Manages all aspects of The North Face owned events within Snowsports category. Works with the Sports Marketing Director in building the owned event strategy so that it is aligned with the corporate initiatives and relevant category drivers.
- Works with internal cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. TNF Athletes, brand, account marketing, sales, digital, retail, sustainability, RDD and global counterparts on sports marketing team) to assure that the maximum impact of the owned events are realized. As needed, conducts RFPs that provide transparency that TNF has retained the most qualified event agency(s) that can work within our budgets, maintain our high brand standards and bring to life the best possible customer experience.
- Establishes KPIs and adjusts tactics as needed to realize the highest ROI. Manages all internal and external communications surrounding the event promotions so attendance goals are met both live and virtually.
- Negotiates and manages the event budgets and contracts so the investment and impact is maximized and risk is minimized.
- Manages all aspects of The North Face sponsored events and partnerships within the Snowsports category. Thoroughly researches and recommends those events, film partners, media houses and other industry opportunities that TNF should align with and invest in based upon our strategic objectives.
- Negotiates, manages and executes all aspects of the contract(s) in a timely manner to ensure that these opportunities contribute to goals of the Snowsports strategic portfolio. Oversees the tactics associated TNF’s on-site activation so that it is on brand and tracking with established KPIs. Works with internal stakeholders (TNF Athletes, brand, communications, account marketing, sales, digital, retail, sustainability, RDD and global counterparts on sports marketing team) to ensure that the maximum impact of the event / partnership is realized.
- Manages the annual Expedition Proposal and Approval process for Snowsports which supplies content for a variety of brand needs. Manages the communication with the athlete team that guides their proposal pitches, while also coordinating the internal review committee that ultimately decides which trips to support.
- Collaborates with the athlete leaders of the approved expeditions to see that budgets, logistics, gear requirements are fulfilled and brand objectives are communicated.
- Works with brand, RDD, digital, PR and other relevant internal stakeholders to ensure that all expedition objectives are met and maximized in accordance with the annual strategic plan and GTM initiatives.
- Sample Management: Leads the cross-category sample buy process each season (Spring & Fall); overseeing ordering, distribution, tracking and storage of athlete samples.
- Global Athlete Summit: Leads the planning and execution of the Global Athlete Team Summit, including but not limited to cross-department alignment, athlete and vendor communications and event production/logistics.
- Activate terms of each negotiated contract related to athletes, events, partnerships (e.g. placing product orders, processing invoices, regular budget management, ongoing athlete communication, tracking of social media, PR impressions, logistics of travel) and other daily actions required to support the business objectives.
- Attends sales meetings, trade shows, events and the annual athlete summit as needed and/or assigns the appropriate attendee. Assists in the logistical planning and budgeting of these gatherings as requested by manager.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 7+ years of related professional experience.
- BA or BS degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Marketing, People and Project Management experience within the industry is required.
- Guiding, expedition logistics or outdoor education important.
- Must possess effective communication, presentation and teamwork skills.
- Writing and editing skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Overall understanding of the outdoor market, the competitive landscape and a participatory knowledge of the represented sports is helpful.
- Proven track record of coordinating projects and timelines, and working with outside vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, deadline oriented environments.
- Travel required: 25%
Job Location: Alameda, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: None
Job Application Web Site: https://vfc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NorthFaceCorporate/job/USCA--USA--California--Alameda-Harbor-HQ/The-North-Face--Sports-Marketing-Manager--Snowsports-_R-20170411-0086